to safety, integrity and excellence
If you have a commitment to your community and want to be a part of a
team, then the Texas City Police Department may be right for you.
Applications are accepted year-round. For more information call Sgt.
David Fairchild at (409) 643-5764 or email email@example.com
Step 1: Ensure that you meet the below listed requirements.
Download and complete the City of Texas City Job Application form
Step 3: Email
your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If selected, you will be contacted to take a written axamination (on
If you pass the written exam, you will complete a physical agility test.
If you pass the physical agility test, you will be given a background
packet to complete.
Once your background packet is turned in, you will be assigned a
Once all backgrounds are completed, the Chief of Police will make a
determination on hiring.
- Have reached his/her 21st birthday prior to
appointment to the position of Police Officer.
- Be fingerprinted and subjected to state, local, and
national criminal records checks.
- Not been on court-ordered community supervision or
any criminal offense above a grade of Class B Misdemeanor for last ten
- Not have been convicted of any Class B or above
misdemeanor, excluding traffic violations within the last seven (7)
- Not been convicted of any family (domestic) violence
- Not have been convicted of a prior felony offense.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be subjected to a thorough,comprehensive background
investigation and interview.
- Completed high school,or, possess a valid
- Meet or exceed minimum TCOLE standards for future
and/or possess a certification at time of employment.
- All applicants must pass medical, mental and drug
- Not have been discharged from any military service
under less than honorable conditions.
- Must have an insurable driving record according to
the city's insurance policy.
- Not have been convicted of more than five (5) moving
violations within the past three (3) years.
- Have no prior DWI convictions.
- Have no convictions of any crime involving moral
- Not have previously left the employment of this
agency under other than honorable conditions.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
City Police Department Benefits
- See our Pay Scale
- 15 days vacation annually, 20 days upon completion of
13 years service
- Longevity pay, $5/month for every year of service
- Texas Municipal Retirement System, city matches 2:1
- Deferred Compensation Alternate Plan
- Holiday Pay (10 per year)
- Personal Day inventive plan
- Health Insurance
- Shift Differential pay
- $0.40/hr for Evening Shift
- $0.55/hr for Midnight Shift
- Certification Incentive Pay
- $150/mo. for Intermediate Certificate
- $250/mo. for Advanced Certificate
- $300/mo. for Master Certificate
- Educational Inventive Pay
- $50/mo. for Associates Degree
- $100/mo. for Bachelor's Degree
- $150/mo. for Master Degree
- $175/mo. for Doctorate Degree
- Field Training Officer Pay
- Call-out pay
- Stand-By Pay
- Equipment allowance pay, $30 per payday
- Bilingual pay
- College tuition reimbursement program
For your safety and security, the Texas City Police Department
is on duty for you around the clock. For non-emergency questions and
issues, please call (409) 643-5760. For emergencies and urgent
situations, call 911.